Sunday, August 24, 2008

Storytellers Ball


Thursday was the night and we did have a good time. I was ready for it to come and go and I am glad that it's over but it was nice to get out and meet a lot of the people you hear about it the business section of the newspaper....not that I read it, I just hear about it. We had a good time getting ready together at the studio. Amy B and I both borrow dresses from Amy Head and they were so pretty and sparkly. I FINALLY found some gold heels...bcbg always pulls through for me. If only I wore size 8's, I couldv'e borrowed Amy's Manolo's...*sigh*. Oh well. :) They had a live auction and Harold and Amy got a cool painting so that was exciting...quite a bidding war went on for that. The food was pretty...of course nothing was vegan but I wasn't that hungry so it was fine. I saw my brain surgeon and I may or may not have had a slight crush on him so that was fun...lol...he was so nice and our mutual friend was there with him and made a big deal about the last time he had seen me, I had a big bandage around my head was that was quite embarassing. They had a band playing some fun 70's music. There were probably about 400-500 people there total. So next up is the fashion show on Thursday. Exciting! Jay's taking off work tomorrow since he's been working so much (he's even at work today) and we're going to find something for me to wear to it!

Update on the medicine...still too early to tell if it's going to help the pain but I may not be blogging as much. It's taken me about 40 minutes to write this little bit bc I have to keep backspacing almost every sentence. I keep writing words backwards and phrases get all jumbled up. It's a very common side effect so it's not scary but it's just frustrating and time comsuming.

Have a wonderful week!

No comments: