Tuesday, August 5, 2008

G,H,I


G is for...Good Karma "ice cream". This stuff is amazing...it's Vegan, Lactose Free, Dairy Free, Transfat Free, Gluten Free and all organic and it is incredible!! It is like the Ben and Jerrys of the Vegan world. I say that not only b/c it's packed full of flavor but it's also not "diet" friendly. I eat it for what it is and enjoy every bit of it. I've had some kind of peanut butter flavor and most recently I tried one called Carrot Cake. It tastes like cinnamony carrot cake and cream cheese frosting all mooshed together and it is to die for. Try it!!

H is for...Hungry b/c that what I am right now. Jay is working late but since he's actually in town, I am forcing myself to wait until he gets home so that we can actually eat together! I am going to have squash and zuccini with black beans for myself and I think I'll make him some Grilled Chicken with whole wheat Penne and I'll make some yummy sauce and he'll have a veggie also. Yes, I always cook two seperate meals :)

I is for...Incedible blessings. So yesterday we got the long awaited prescription in the mail from my NY doctor so we took it to the pharmacy right away. We were joking about how much it was going to cost but we were so not prepared for the actual total. $420.00....and thats only for ONE month...of EXPERIMENTAL medication. I thought I was going to cry b/c I had gotten my hopes up so high and I was so excited to try it. So we told the sweet lady to hold it and we may come back. This morning I called my sweet friend Hannah who works at the pharmacy her brother owns to see how much it was there and they said that they could give me double the dosage and I would just need to cut them in half and it would only be $145.00. Isn't that such a blessing?? As sad as I was last night I just KNEW that God was going to show us what to do and provide a way for me to be able to have this. I am so thankful for His blessings and the people that He has put in our lives.

No comments: