Monday, August 4, 2008

D,E,F


See, I knew this would get me posting more!

D is for...Daisey. Our sweet little almost 4 year old Maltese. We got her when we still lived in Florida and I wanted her sooooooo bad!! It was during the time that I was staying home and I needed a little companion. That girl is such a stinker though. Among other things two of her highlights were jumping out of our car while we were driving (we weren't going fast) and worst of all...taking a running jump our of our second floor window. Seriously. Jay was working upstairs and had the window open to let some air in and before he realizes whats happening, she's out. He ran downstairs as fast as lighting and expected her to be either dead or paralyzed but no, she was running in circles around the yard. She loved it...agh!! As bad as she is, we love her so much and can't imagine life without her.

E is for...End of Summer. I can't believe school is starting this week. Jay and I were just saying how we soo don't miss those days. I remember I used to think my mom was so lucky that she got to stay home and "do nothing" while we were at school all day. I am sooo glad I am done and i will feel soo bad when I have to send my kids. We went to the market today and it was MAD house with everyone getting there last minute school supplies. I used to LOVE getting brand new school supplies though. Even though I always had a sick feeling on the first day, it was still a little exciting finding out who my teacher would be and my classmates. Seeing where my desk would be and getting my new books. And my mom would pack the BEST lunches...peanut butter and jelly (or marshmallow cream!), cookies (usually homemade) and fruit by the foot or some other fun snack. Those were the days...lol.

F is for...Franklin. Our hopefully near future hometown. We are planning a trip back probably next month to explore a little more and get closer to our eventual move. If you 've never been, it's like the Greenwich Village of Nashville. It's such a cute little area to walk around with super cute boutiques, friendly people and fabulous atmosphere. I think a Studio will be so successful in that area. We will see!!

No comments: