Saturday, August 16, 2008

V,W,X

V is for...VIP Runway Event!! It's going to be soooooo fabulous!!!! So VIP is the local magazine that everyone wants to be it...it features pictures from all the big parties and fundraisers around Jackson and it has great advertising and every month they fly off the racks as soon as they go out....it's pretty pathetic if you ask me. Anyway, the editor, Leigh Reeves does a fantastic job, she's very classy and hip and she's putting together the first ever VIP Fashion Show charity event. Amy Head Studio is doing the makeup and "creative direction" for it which means we got the final say on almost everything b/c our name is on everything. This isn't your typical local rinky dink fashion show with highschool girls who's moms told them they were puurrrty...these are HOT men and women (they had a casting call for it) walkin down the runway in high fashion clothes with GORGEOUS Amy Head makeup. It's on the front lawn of this old Historic house in the Fondren district under the stars with this amazing DJ who was mentored by the best of the best. It's being catered by the hip little restaurant that has even opened yet called Mint. Tickets are $75 bucks so you know it'd better be good. It's on the 28th so I'll let ya know how it goes.

W is for...Wait. Thats what I had been feeling like God was telling me lately. Just wait. I am usually a very laid back, even tempered, go with the flow kind of girl but there was this little situation (i won't go into detail cuz i'm not sure who reads this) that just made me want to blow up. I couldn't understand why another person of authority involved wasn't seeing things the way I was seeing them, which was logical. I kept getting so angry inside and wanted to confront the issue but I would always here that little voice saying, just wait. So I waited for about a month and then finally yesterday I had had it. I had been pushed over the edge, my heart was racing and I was hot and I was about to lose it when I heard the voice again. So again I recomposed myself, even had a calm conversation with the person and then at the end of the day, it all made sense. The problem was resolved and I got to see how waiting was more than the right thing to do. Things worked out better than I could have imagined and because I waited, I am still respected by everyone involved. I am sooo thankful for that still small voice.

X is for...Xcited about date night tonight! I know I cheated but I couldn't think of an X and I didn't have anything to write about a Xylophone. I'm not sure what we're gonna do and it really doesn't matter, I'm just happy to be spending time with Jay. He's getting all clean and polished up now and we'll head out :) Probably buy some more shoes...and then return them...kidding :) Have a fab weekend!

No comments: