Monday, August 18, 2008

Y and Z

Y is for...Y can't I find the shoes that I'm looking for? I love shoe shopping but I HATE shopping FOR shoes...I promise this is a logical statement. I enjoy just stumbling upon a great pair of shoes when I'm not particulary looking for any but when I have a certain outfit that i need a certain style of shoe for, I can NEVER find the right ones. I have been all over town today looking for a pair of shoes for the Storyteller's Ball on Thursday night but I can NOT find them. It's a black tie event and I am borrowing a dress from Amy thats kind of a fleshy peachy color with parts of it sheer and parts of it with peachy sequins. It's beautiful and drippy and I need simple, elegant shoes...I want a nude color so it's like I'm almost barefoot because I don't want to distract from the dress but everything is either so ornate or really really plain. Ugh. I have until Wednesday night to find them. I did find a cute pair of Steve Madden wedges though...hehe. :)

Z is for...Zephryhills. That's the kind of water my seester is stocking up on because of hurricane Fay. She lives in Ft. Myers and it is headed for them tomorrow afternoon. She's all stocked up with supplies so now it's just a waiting game. Jay and I lived in Florida during the season with all the storms and we evacuated each time but they're going to ride it out. PLEASE pray for them. I am praying of course for their safety but also for the small things. Jonathan is nervous about the power going out and can you imagine being 4 years old hearing all the wind and rain beating on the windows, sitting in the dark with your little flashlight, no cartoons and having to ride out the storm? My prayer is that they will be protected from ANYTHING related to the storm...strong win, power outages, tornadoes. I wish so badly that I could wrap those little boys up in my arms and protect them (and Kristi too!) but I am going to be in a constant spirit of prayer for them until I see that colorful "spot" named Fay on the weather map move over them. PLEASE do the same!!

Well, I made it through the Alphabet! If anyone has any ideas of what I can do next let me know! I need something like this to keep me blogging! :)

No comments: