Friday, August 1, 2008

So God's been being God lately and I wanted to share a few things. It's about my crazy brain and the thing they call Chiari. I had the worst day of pain in my entire life last Thursday. Got sent home from work, Jay was out of town, I didn't think I could live another minute...I was actually so afraid to fall asleep b/c I truly did not think I was going to wake up. Do you get that it was bad? Well, I've been noticing some of my symptoms a lot more lately. I clear my throat about 5 times a minute and it's sooooo annoying I know but a symptom is trouble swallowing and when most people swallow their spit without even thinking about it, it gets caught in my throat. Lovely, huh? Also my numbness in my arms and legs is happening quite frequently. So, I decided it was time for me to be more involved with Chiari and educate myself better. I have been on top of it in the past but I get so discouraged that I tend to fall away from it. Well, there has been some exciting things happening and I feel a little glimmer of hope. I've been back in contact with my Dr in NYC and he's encouraged too. He is sending me a prescription of a medicine to try but theres a new procedure where they implant something called a nerve stimulator into your chest and wire run up into the nerves in the back of the head and many Chiari patients have had great results. One girls story I read said she was 90% pain free!! Even to be ONE% pain free I would be unimaginably happy...bouncing off the walls happy!!!!! I am so excited about it. Jay is on his way back in town so we will talk it over this weekend and then we will go from there. We have no idea how much the procedure would even be but I would sacrifice anything to feel better! God has proven Himself to us over and over and over again in our finances so we have no doubts that He will provide this time. I am so encouraged!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello,
I found your blog by doing a Google search for "chiari". I have it myself and suffer from chronic pain and nausea. I was wondering if you would mind sharing the name of your doctor in NY? I would love to learn more about the nerve stimulator you wrote about.
Thank you,
Christine from WI
cmschultz@new.rr.com
http://christineschiariblog.blogspot.com/