Sunday, August 3, 2008

Alphabet...

a) i'm so embarassed by all the bad grammar and typos in my last post and I want to push it off the page quickly and b) i dont post very often b/c i feel like something exciting has to happen before i do....these are the 2 reasons i decided to play the alphabet game that i've been seeing lately. so that it doesn't take me until by 30th bday, i think i'll do 3 letters at a time. so here goes nothin....

A is for...Amy Head. As in my boss, the studio, and everything else associated with the words. Just 2 years ago at this time, I had been told (or actually would be told in a month) that I shouldnt work, I couldnt do anything active, I couldn't get pregnant...basically I was feeling like I had no purpose...until Jay and I were on our way home from a long road trip and I decided to try and "get my foot in the door" at the place where I had my wedding makeup done. Little did we know, it would change our lives. God has used this place and these people to impact our lives in ways that will affect our futures forever and we are so thankful that God lead us straight to them.

B is for...Babies. I just mentioned that I "couldn't" get pregnant. For about 3 years Jay and I were DESPERATE to start a family. I didn't understand why in the world I couldn't get pregnant...my mom and sister were oh so fertile, why wasn't I? Well, I was checked from head to toe and everything seemed to be working properly...I started fertility drugs and nothing happened. All around us our friends were getting pregnant and it was truly heartbreaking. Dont be sad though, God knows SO much more than we do...imagine that. Had we had a baby when we wanted, we would never be in the situation we are in and we would never be able to be headed for the direction God is leading us now. Yeah I still EVENTUALLY want to start a family but I even get a little panicky thinking about doing that now...I would be so content with 5 more years with just the 2 of us. Also, God has opened my heart (Jay's was already wide open) to adoption and when we're ready, thats probably what we will do.

C is for...Co-Op. As in Rainbow Co-Op, this fabulous grocery store and restaurant in the fabulous Fondren District. The restaurant inside is the most delicious food ever and it's all 100% Organic and Vegan!! My fave is the grilled black bean and spinach burrito. It's on a sprouted wheat wrap and it's STUFFED with black beans, spinach, brown rice and soy cheese and grilled to perfection. It's so big, I get two meals out of it! Jay and I are having a lunch date there tomorrow! Yummy!

Well, this seems fun. Maybe this will get me posting more often. I'm looking forward to a busy but hopefully good week. You do the same!

No comments: