Saturday, January 10, 2009

My sis

Sorry it's been a while....although I was tempted to never add another post b/c I love seeing my babes face front and center when I pull up the blog :) A lot has been keeping me busy though so I'll try my best to back it up and fill in....

The biggest thing thats been on my mind is the person who (besides Jay) is my heart....my sister. For quite a while now, she has been having bad headaches. It's so frustrating to even say that b/c it seems like everyone knows someone that has headaches but my sister is so strong and has almost died so for her to complain about her headaches, it's already gone too far. So she finally went to her doctor and before he ran any serious tests, he prescribed SERIOUS drugs (she probably doesn't want me telling the blogworld whats in her medicine cabinet) but those didn't even touch the pain. Y'all...OMG. Okay, obviously you know my situation by now and that I can empathize with headpain...this girl has GOT to get some medical attention fast, this isn't normal and something is going on inside of her head. While all of this is happening, she is still a wife and mommy!! On tuesday though the pain got so intense that her hubby came home from work to take care of the boys because there was no way she could function. It ended up easing up that night but then on Wednesday it got bad again so she put a call in to her doctor and when he finally got the message he told her to go to the ER right away for a CT scan and some heavy duty medicine. It was so late by that time so her sweet neighbor brought her so Steven could be with the boys. I made her give me minute by minute reports and picture updates b/c I was worried sick...gotta love iphones :) The medicine they gave her through the IV did give her some relief and they finally got her into the CT. Now her Dr. is waiting for the report from the hospital and they can move forward from there. She's still taking her other medicine to fight off the unbearable headaches and we're just praying that her Dr. will have a clear answer when she goes back in. It's just sooooo hard when someone you love soo much is in so much pain and you can't do anything about it or be with them and it's heartbreaking. And when it's someone you're THAT close to, you actually FEEL their pain :(

Aside from that, work has been busy busy as usual. We hired a new girl and I think she's going to be fabulous. Jay starts working out of town on Monday but I'm trying not to think about it just yet...we're not even sure what the schedule is going to be like so it may not even be that bad.

Today after work, I went home with my friend Erin to get ready for our other friend Ashleys baby shower. A group of her friends all met at a local restaurant, Bon Ami for dinner...it was super fun and I got to meet 3 sweet new girls. Anyhoo, I got to try out the Wii Fit which I'm dying to get and I think it lives up to the hype I've been giving it. It's still out of stock everywhere though so I'm still patiently waiting :)

Well, I think that wraps it up...I'll update about my sis as soon as I know something...

No comments: