Thursday, January 1, 2009

Can I get another chance??

Ohmigoodness, I know I don't deserve to even tiptoe back into the blogging world but this is going to be such a big year that I know I'm gonna be dying to share it with someone!! So I'm just going to take baby steps back if thats okay!?? I thought my sister was the only one who read this but for the other three of you, I'm gonna TRY to stay on top of this a LITTLE better...no promises though. :) Let me recap on some highlights over the past few months though b/c a lot has kept me busy...

I left off with my sister coming with the boys. We had so much fun and I did ride back with them. We stopped in Pensacola overnight to see our brother and then drove the rest of the way the next day. I spent a few days there and we had a blast! Jonathan changed to a new school that he really likes and we got to play at a really fun park and of course we found time to shop! It's always sooooo hard to leave but we knew we'd see eachother for Thanksgiving.


Jay and I got to host Thanksgiving again this year and it was so much fun. This was my first year as a vegan so I knew it would be a challenge to prepare things that would be safe for me to eat but that nobody would be able to tell were vegan. Mission accomplished! :) My mom brought the turkey and stuffing and I made Candied Lime Sweet Potatoes, Fresh Green Bean Bundles with a Mushroom Sauce and then my brother in law fried some onion strips (that got eaten before dinner...hehe), Apple Corn Bread, then for dessert we had these cute little Pumpkin Whoopie Pies and Turtle Cheesecake that was NOT vegan. It was all soooo yummy and we had so much fun together!!

December 2, I turned 25...Ugh. I was dreading that day. I can't talk about how old I am b/c Jay being 10 years older feels REALLY old but I do feel different this year. I feel like I really need to kick things into gear. Enough about that subject. In early December after COUNTLESS hours and looooooooong night, we FINALLY moved the Ridgeland Amy Head Studio to our new location in the Old Towne District on Jackson Street. It is fabulous and worth all the effort but it was HARD work and we are far from being complete. If you are in the area though, you MUST come by. It is GORGEOUS!!! And I have to brag b/c my husband is the master craftsman behind all of the work in the studio. He and Harold designed everything and Jay built it all. I am so impressed with his talents and he has gone above and beyond what I even knew he was capable of. I can't wait to see what we do in our own studio!

Christmas was fabulous. Jay and I spent the morning together and exchanged way too many gifts and took our time enjoying eachother. I prepared some food to take to my parents house that afternoon so we took our time getting ready and then headed over there. My brother and his fiance and little ones got there that afternoon and we all ate and then opened more presents. We all just enjoyed being together the rest of the evening. They were able to stay through the weekend and left after church on Sunday.

Nothing special to speak of for New Years. Just shared a Midnight Kiss ;)

I've had the week off and don't have to go in until Sat. but I'm going in tomorrow to play catch up before the rush comes in. That, and I am going stir crazy :) I'm such a work-aholic...but at least I can admit it.

I think that about takes care of the highlights! I'm hoping to be back soon :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

I have missed you in the blogging world...

I noticed ya'll have moved the studio and want to shop by one day. It looks so cute from the outside!