Sunday, January 18, 2009

Cupcake Sunday

Today was the most surprisingly glorious Sunday (did I make that up) because it has been sooooo miserable cold and for once I wasn't literally in pain because I was so cold to the bone. The weather was sooooo beautiful and sunny and mild and I got to spend the whole day with my best friend...how in the world can you top that?? Well, I guess you could fly my sister and nephews here but that would just send me over the edge :) Lemme recap on the weekend though. Sat at work was CrrrrrAAAzzzYYYYY. We did about 20 sessions. This is like running an emotional marathon. A typical session is where you spend an hour one on one with a woman and you do a complete makeover on her but not only that, you are teaching her exactly how to do it herself so that when she gets home with her makeup, she is able to look just as good as she did when you (the professional) did it. So you're not only verbally teaching and encouraging, you're also writing down the colors and tools and drawing pictures and notes for her. Well, there were 3 of us doing sessions which means....yeah, Erin C and I each did about 8 sessions in 20 minutes. It was amazing...the day flew by and I hardly remember anything about it...just that I was exhausted when it was over. We got out about an hour late but thats been pretty typical for me lately. Oh well, gotta do what ya gotta do.

This morning we went to church and as soon as we walked in my instincts went on high alert and I KNEW something was going on. I saw Chips wife and kids (they're never in our service) and Tim Smith, the assoc. pastor who's also never in our service. So I told Jay, "theyre going to announce something after church, I just feel it, Chip BETTER NOT be leaving". So of course all during church, my stomach was sick just thinking about it. Well, after the message and everything, Tim comes out with a man and introduces him as the head of the pastor search commmittee and I almost threw up and then he goes on to say that 10 years ago today Chip and Christy came to Pinelake and we've put together a video of his first 10 years with us, blablabla. Well, I'm still thinking, okay what are you getting at??? If he's leaving just say so and if he's not, then SAY SO, because I can't stand this!!! During the video though, it had all the deacons and elders saying stuff like "looking forward to 10 more years" and stuff like that so I calmed down but good grief it really did make me nervous. But how cool is that, that I knew something was up before church even started? I should be a detective!! hehe.

This afternoon we got our house back in tiptop squeaky clean shape and I went into the studio to direct Amy on a photoshoot for some spring ads and then we worked on editing the shots from my photoshoot. They turned out good, the background was so cool. I ended up leaving before they picked the final shot though b/c I want to be surprised with what's in the ads so I guess we'll all see it for the first time together :)

A while back I picked up a cookbook thats just been hanging out in the cabinet that I finally put to use called "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World". I wanted to send Jay back out of town with plenty of treats from home. So he picked out two flavors and I got all the ingredients we would need. I wanted to not only make then vegan but also organic. The two he decided on were Cookies and Cream and Carrot Cake. The Cookies and Cream has a Chocolate Base with Oreo type cookies crumbs mixed into the batter and a Buttercream Frosting with more cookie crumbs mixed in. The Carrot Cake has a "cream cheese" frosting. Oh my goodness people, I have never ever ever tasted anything more amazing and I promise I remember what "real" dessert tastes like! Jay still eats regular stuff and he is amazed at how delicious these are!!! If anyone wants the recipes let me know! If we're going to treat ourselves, we owe it to our bodies to feed it natural ingredients like this! Here's a pic of the finished product...


Well, I'm gonna take advantage of my last bit of time with Jay before he's off again. My sis has an MRI tomorrow. She's had a tough weekend. Please pray....xoxo

2 comments:

Morgan said...

It's so funny you mentioned the cupcakes on here! I was just thinking today that you need to post some of your yummy vegan recipes! Seriously! I need new healthy menu ideas for my family...they hardly even know the difference when I sneak in the healthy stuff! :) Oh and I must get a consultation with you sometime when I'm in Jackson!!

JayandKimberly said...

I will do a post of some vegan recipes soon :) And yes, you should, that would be SUCH a treat for both of us...and I really do wanna go shopping in HBurg!!