Thursday, May 29, 2008

I survived the Okatoma

So for all 5 of you that read this.....canoeing was super fun! I forget how stressful it is when you are heading straight for a tree that could be full of snakes and monkeys and such and you CANT turn the canoe fast enough. It gives me anxiety just thinking about it. But the waterfalls were a blast!! We did really well and then at the last stretch we hit a stump and I fell out....serisouly, a stone throw away from the finish, I fall out. I was in the water standing on what I think was a log and then I convinced myself that no, in fact I am standing on top of an alligator and I went nuts. I was really fearing for my life..I mean really, it was pathetic. I couldnt get back in the canoe b/c I was so insanely scared so Jay being the heroic man that he is jumped in after me and pushed me back in. Phew. All in all it was a great day and we had a blast being with Jeff and Ashley!!

Works been nuts this week with paperwork and such and I feel like I still haven't crossed anything off of my to do list but I'd much rather be busy than be bored to tears! We're getting a couple of shipments of purses this week and next so if you're in the market for a new hobo, come see us! I'm so addicted to hobo's it's sad...I bought 13 just last year!! Crazy.

Anyhoo, veganism is still goin on. The book I read said if you do it for 30 days, you'll do it forever and so far I don't miss anything non vegan at all. It's just SOOOOO stinkin inconvenient to try to eat out. Oh well.

I get to see one of our nephews this weekend and I'm so excited! Kevin and Berkeley are coming tomorrow night. My Grandma and Aunt are also here so it'll be fun times.

Well, not much more news for now...I'm going to work out...getting ready for the surprise beach trip I'm trying to get Jay to take me on..LoL. G'night!

No comments: