Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Busy weekend

It's been a while since I've posted anything but a lot has ben going on. Jay was working out of town again all last week and the worst thing happened. He got the WORST stomach virus! My poor baby was in a hotel room sick as a dog for days!! He also managed to work 70 hours last week. Needless to say, he was EXHAUSTED when he got home. I wanted him to just chill out at home but he wanted to be with me so he came to the rehearsal for Erin and Drew's wedding. Erin and I have been friends for a couple of years now and I was honored to be a bridesmaid in her wedding Saturday. The rehearsal dinner was beautiful and was at the Fairview. They had a sweet slideshow and then family and friends toasted the couple. It's neat hearing from all of the friends from the different stages of their lives. Saturday before we went to the church, I got to have lunch with one of my dearest friends in the world, Emily. We dont get to see eachother often but its always soooooo nice. And Jay and her husband get along so well. I actually met Erin at Emily's wedding. We got to the church around 12:30 and started getting ready. Pictures werent til 3 so it was nice and relaxing. Erin looked GORGEOUS....he dress was sooo beautiful!! The pictures were quick and she had the cutest photographer, she had original ideas. The ceremony stareted at 6 and was short and sweet :) The reception was at the Old Capital Inn and it was so nice. Lots of yummy food and a sushi bar! So all in all the wedding weekend was great and I made a few new friends!

Sunday was our "day off" and we enjoyed it soooo much. After church, we always have a lunch date and love sitting outside on the patios of restaurants. We just sat and talked forever, it seemed like we hadnt talked in so long since he's been gone. It was so nice. We wanted to spend the day outside so we went out on the boat with my parents. We didnt have any clothes with us so we stopped by Target and got a couple things. Jay tubed and I did a little but I had a dress on so I couldnt get wet..LoL. Then we went to Soulshine (yum!) and sat outside with our small group and talked about what study we want to do next. We're going to do Mere Christianity by CS Lewis. I'm excited! In church we also started a new sermon series which I am soooooo excited about...it's called Approval Addiction and it's going to be soo good! We just love our pastor!

Yesterday my friend Ashley and I drove to Hattiesburg to go shopping. My fav. store in the world, Forever 21, is there so I was soooo excited. I got some cute stuff. We also went to a store called UAL which has designer clothes for WAY cheaper. Its hit or miss but this time it was HIT!!! I got some super cute stuff, I am so excited about it! Jays out of town again this week so tonight after work my mom and I met for dinner. I took Daisey on a walk when I got home and poor thing can't make it too far. She loves it though.

Another busy week ahead but hopefully this weekend Jay and I can just be together and relax....yeah right ;)
Hope you're having a wonderful week...

No comments: