Thursday, May 1, 2008

First Day

So today was my first official day in my new position! Yesterday when it was Ashleys (the girl whos place i'm taking) last day and everyone was crying, it just didnt hit me. We were so busy cramming in last minute bits of info that I just couldnt process the fact that she was actually gone. Well, today it hit me as I was driving to work that it was all on my shoulders now. I am so blessed that I have such amazing bosses that are more like teammates but I was still feeling the pressure. I went into the office to do a few things and I opened my notebook of everything Ashley had written and there was a note she had slipped in that said "Close your eyes, take a deep breath and RELAX"...and i completely lost it, boo-hooed like a baby. This is SO nerve racking!!! I'm just going to take one day at a time. Agh!! Anyway, my mom came into the studio today so I could do her makeup and she looked so beautiful!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE doing makeup and it's so relaxing to do it for someone casually. :)
Jay's been out of town working the past couple nights but he got home today and I was soooOooOooo happy to see him!!! I couldnt stop talking, we were telling eachother our adventures. We went on a long walk around our neighborhood and saw some of the neighbors out. We are always so nice to them and always wave when we go by and slowly but surely, we've got almost all of them waving now! Yay! He is at a late softball game now. I usually go to them but since it didnt start til 9:15 I decided to sit this one out. Tomorrow night my sister and nephews get here!!!! I am SOOOO excited!!! I think they get in pretty late but I wanna spend every minute I can with them!! Next week is the Canton Flea Market and it's become a tradition for my mom, sister and I to go together in May and October. This past year was my first Oct b/c the one before I had just had my surgery. They always get chicken on a stick at 8 in the morning!!!! BUT I always get a funnel cake soon after..LoL. And somehow I always end up wearing a dark top and get powdered sugar all over it...haha. Anyhoo, I obviously have no real news so I'll just end it now. Plus, I'm bleaching my teeth and I need to take it off now before I burn holes in them. Goodnight!

No comments: