Monday, April 28, 2008

Happy Monday!!

It IS a happy Monday! This is my first week to be officially full-time so I am SAVORING my day off!! My last post was kinda dark so I wanted to write something a little lighter, even though I don't have much to say. Last night we had a cookout at our house for some of our close friends and it was super fun. I made turkey burgers and sweet potatoe "fries" and grilled corn on the cob. Yum! We are so very blessed to have these friends, we are all at about the same season in life so it's just nice to share that time with them. The big topic last night was about the kayaks that we all want to get. We LOVE anything outdoors and these guys are super adventurous so the next big thing to tackle is kayaking. We found a cute pink one at Academy Sports too!! :) I'll let you know how that one goes. This morning I went to the mall which is something I NEVER do. I usually only shop out of town...mostly New York when we go but since we didnt go last month Jay told me to go pick out a few things. I found some BEAUTIFUL bcbg heels for about 30 dollars...they were 110!!!!!!!! I am so excited!! I also got Jay some work shirts. Oh and I went to Old navy and I found some cute tops way on sale in the kids department...my little secret place to shop! The I had a lunch date with my dad. We went to a new little cafe and it was so yummy. We always have lunch dates on Mondays! So nice :) I ran to Fresh Market b/c I've been looking for whole wheat pastry flour and sure enough they had it! So then I went to Walmart and got the rest of the groceries. Phew! Now I am at home and have been baking. I made Jay some chocolate chip marshmallow cookie bars. I found the recipe online and I thought Jay would like them. I just took them out of the oven and they smell so sweet that I am getting nauseous...blah. I did use the whole wheat four and all organic ingredients but just the thought of eating them makes me woozy. I used milk chocolate chips and I HATE milk chocolate...I guess thats why. ANYWAY, Jay is going to be working in Tupelo for a couple days this week so I'm really sad about that. I am sooo attached to him and I HATE when he's away. Hopefully he'll finish quick so he can come home! He leaves tomorrow morning. Well, not much else to say. I'm about to go jogging and do Pilates. Oh and on a GREAT note...MY SISTER AND NEPHEWS ARE COMING FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!! I'm soooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that I'm full time I wont be able to spend as much time with them as I want to but welcome to the real world. :( Well I hope everyone is having a great Monday!

No comments: