Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Good Shepherd

So, this has been another busy week. Jay started a new job that we are both very excited about. There is a lot he can do with this company so he can really take it where he wants to go. This has been an earnest prayer of ours for quite a while now and the answer came at just the right time...as always. It's so hard to ever doubt God's goodness because He proves Himself faithful over and over again. We are so very blessed. My work has been busy this week also. One of these days soon my brain will explode from everything I'm trying to retain so that should be an exciting event. I'm working extra b/c the time is fast approaching when i will be taking over the new position. I'm so nervous about all the responsibility but I feel confident that I'm being trained thoroughly. This week I am working every day and trying to prepare for a wedding shower at our home on Saturday. I have sooo much to do and Jay's working on his check list! At the end of the work day, I am so tired that I just want to dive into a hot bubblebath and not do anything! :) But we make a good team!

Just wanted to share something else. My hearts been feeling heavy recently. I don't know exactly what has brought this on, but I have been extra burdened for the people close to me who aren't Christians and also for the ones who have strayed so far. My heart physically hurts when I think of someone who I care about so much not going to Heaven when they die. But not only that, they could be living such a richly blessed life here on earth. Why don't they understand? I know they can see the joy in my life so what is it that doesn't click with them? Jay's parents aren't Christians and his dad recently made a comment to Jay about not caring about dying because he has nothing to live for. Can you imagine waking up every day with those thoughts? I can't. I think what makes me even sadder (is this a word?) is those that grew up as strong Christians, in a great family and now in adulthood have decided that they just don't need Jesus. It's sooo exciting when a child gets saved (I was 6 when I was) but at the same time, I feel like we have more of an opportunity to take salvation for granted b/c we don't actually remember our lives any other way. Of COURSE we need Jesus. I'm so sad thinking about how that makes our Father feel. My mom was reminding me about how the Bible describes it in Psalms though. When He talks about being the Shepherd with a staff and He gently pulls us back to Him when we stray. Thats so comforting. Anyway, I will be praying specifically for these people in my life and I encourage you to do the same in your own life. Never write someone off, I have seen too many people come to know Christ to ever doubt that it can happen. God is good!

No comments: