Saturday, April 5, 2008


I got home from Florida late Thursday night and I had the best time! I went to Ft. Myers to spend time with my sister and brother-in-law and 2 precious nephews. Jonathan is almost 4 and I have had a special bond with him since the second he was born (I actually got to see him being born!) and I am so enjoying seeing him grow up. When Jonathan was just a few months old, my sister got really sick and spent a lot of time in the hospital and the rest of us as a family took care of Jonathan. I guess thats why I feel responsible for him even today, b/c of how much he "needed" me (us) to take care of him then. Tyler is almost 1 and he takes a bigger piece of my heart every time I see him. I remember worrying that I wouldnt bond with him like I had Jonathan b/c I wasnt going to be there for his birth but I was so wrong. He is the spitting image of my sister and is a very loyal little boy.
Being with them for a few days and seeing how hard my sister works is so humbling. I know that I work very hard in my job, but it's a completely different part of the brain that is exersized. It's constant and it's unpredictable. But no matter how tired I got from being such a rookie, seeing their little smiles in the morning made it all worth it. I feel so blessed to have them in my life and I will always claim to be the proudest aunt ever. I'm going to treasure those last few hours with them when Jonathan wanted to be held and he put his cheek against mine and said "I'm gonna miss you Aunt Kimmie" and "do you feel sad?" and "Can I pretty please get a ticket to come with you??". But I am counting down the days until they come for a visit in May. Here is a pic of me and the boys that we managed to get in a split second. :)

No comments: