Saturday, March 1, 2008

Good Weekend

So, I've been hesitant to write anything on here b/c I think that for some reason it needs to be profound and newsworthy but I think that'll leave me to about 2 posts a year so I'm just gonna write about stuff. Like our fun date last night!! There's this cute little restaurant in "historic downtown" Madison called "The Strawberry Cafe" thats right by the railroad tracks and I think in a building that used to be the actual Train Depot. It's very quaint and intimate with white tableclothes and candlelight and my favorite is the open kitchen. It also has the old creaky wood floors that I LOVE. I've been wanting to go with Jay forever b/c he still hasnt experienced all the wonderful Mississippi restaurants! So, we made our reservations and its was worth the wait. I had to Blackfish which was amazing and he has the Swordfish special. It's only been in the past couple years that I've started eating fish and we now have it about twice a week! The portions were perfect, too...I get DISGUSTED by the portions that typical "chain" restaurants serve, it's crazy. Then, we treated ourselves to the cheesecake and it was sooo good, it's been a long time since I've had any so it was a nice treat! I certainly got my calories for the day. My sweet husband has been helping me so much with that lately. I have gotten into a bad habit of not eating lately...I just get so busy with work that I dont take the time to eat more than an apple or a carrot or something easy and I work out every day...sometimes for 3 hours and it just wasnt doing good things to my body. My poor organs were in panic mode I think..LoL. But he has been helping me plan out my meals every day, and every night he gets out the calculator to make sure I've had enough. I am sooo thankful for him!! I feel soooo much better too!! Anyway, I worked today, like every Saturday, and we were swamped! We were booked with appointments and 20 minutes before we were to close, 4 people walked in that wanted full makeovers. They had never been in so I didnt want to turn them away so I did the fastest makeover in history. Well, it was one of those things that you just know happened for a reason. The girl I did broke down into tears after I was done and thanked me over and over again for what I had done and kept saying how pretty she felt...she did look HOT. While I was working on her, I noticed she had NO eyebrows or eyelashes and her skin was really dry and when she grabbed my hand and said it has been a "VERY rough week", it occured to me that she had probably started chemo or some type of treatment like that. It's little things like that that keep me so fulfilled. I thank God for using ME...it's such an honor to be His servant! I went running when I got home and did some light strength training and have just kinda chilled this evening. Jay's been "creating" out in the garage all day. I will eventually post pics of some of his pieces. I am so proud! Tomorrow is one of my favorite days. We will go to church and then Jay is going fishing with a friend and I am going out on the boat with my parents for the first time this year. The weather is BEAUTIFUL!! Then I have ab class and cardio blast...LoL. Hope everyones weekend has been wonderful....

No comments: