Monday, July 7, 2008

Great weekend!

I am struggling to get back into the grind after our wonderful weekend getaway for the 4th! We had such a good time with eachother doing all the activities and just being with eachother. We got to the resort at about 12, checked in and went straight to the beach. When we got down there, it was soooo crowded and I got oddly introverted and was really uncomfortable but once a chair opened up and I got all situated, I didnt want to leave! It was soooo nice to just lay out and do nothing. Jay took advantage of the kayak which he loves and then after a little bit of laying out with me, he was cooked so he headed up to the room. I stayed for about another half hour before I went up. We brought our own food but we planned on our dinners out. The resort had 5 restaurants but NONE of them offered anything slightly vegan...not even vegetarian. So thank goodness for Kashi bars and carrots or I would have starved..haha. That night we sat on our balcony and watched the cities fireworks show. Saturday we decided to go into Fairhope and walk around town and we found a couple of cool antiques. We had lunch at a cute little restaurant and then went back to the beach. We put our name on the list to jetski and while we were waiting, we kayaked and layed out a bit but unfortunatley my head was hurting sooo bad so we went up to the room and rested a little bit before doing the jet ski. A storm was coming in so the waves were HUGE! It was almost too choppy to really enjoy it b/c it was hard to control but we still had a blast. We found themost wonderful restaurant EVER for dinner...it was all organic and everything could be prepared vegan!! It was so cute and candlelit and cozy. Jay got Wasabi pan seared Tuna with asparagus and saffrom rice and I got veggies and brown rice. It was soo good! Sunday morning we walked around the resort and then headed to Pensacola to have a quick lunch with my brother and nephew, Berkeley. It was soooo good to see them. We got to stop in World Market and get a few things too. The traffic on the way home was awful, it took 2 hours and 15 minutes to get 33 miles. We were really frustrated so we started saying things that could make the situation worse so that we would be thankful for our situation. It's hard for me to be around negativity so I have to always find a way to make the situation better. When we finally found the reason for the trafric, it was so sad. It looked like a car had exploded, there were so many firetrucks and smoke everywhere. Sad. Oh and along the way we saw some idiot drinking beer while he was driving. That just makes me soooo mad. Ugh. Anyway, we had to board Daisey for the first time ever at Chateau La Pooch and my parents picked her up for us and when we saw her, it was sooo exciting! We missed her sooo much!! So now we are home and jays back to work and I am waiting for the Dish Network man to get here. I have so much to do before my work week starts tomorrow so I hope he hurries! I hope everyone had a great weekend too!!

No comments: