Monday, July 21, 2008

i LOVE jay!! :)


Today has been FABULOUS!!! I have gotten to spend an ENTIRE day with Jay!! He has been working out of town and he doesnt get home til Friday night so since Mondays are my day off, he arranged to have today off too!! Yesterday Jay got his long awaited kayak so this morning we went down the road (Jay drove, I ran) to a boat landing and tested it out. While he was out, I had such a special quiet time. It felt like I was at camp or something b/c thats the only times I have really had that special time out in nature. It was so calm and peaceful. Then I got to take a spin and it was so fun. Every direction you paddle, the scenery is just beautiful. I didnt want to come back in. But I ran home and Jay loaded up and drove and we got beautfied for our day. My dad is working on constructing a new bank near our house so we stopped by to admire his work and then went to Buffalo Peak to get Jay some kind of waterprook shoes. They sure have come a long way, they look really cool. We had a fabulous lunch at Broad Street...I got a Vegetarian sandwhich and it has portobella mushrooms and red peppers. I made the mistake of looking at it first and it looked like slimy SLUGS!!!! But I ate it anyway, lol. We drove to deck the yard since Jays been dying to go but it wasn't as fabulous as we'd hoped. We tried to find a big antique mall that we'd heard about but we couldnt so we went to some sporting stores to check out some treadmills or bikes for me. I'm not sure which one i want. I want a nice one though, like the once I'm used to at the gym but the only ones we saw were the kind you'd find at a cheap hotel, ya know? Oh well, we'll keep looking. We ran by the mall to get Jay a new wallet and then to Barnes and Noble so I could look through some Vegan cookbooks. Since it's just me at night for dinners I always have fresh vegetables with black beans but I wanted some ideas for when Jay is home so I can make something more exciting. Jay wanted to check out Healthway which is a cute little health food store and we got the yummiest treat! I got dairyfree peanut butter "icecream" (soy) and Jay got raspberry froyo. It was so yummy and since it's over 100* today it was perfect. Then we went to the market and got groceries and now we're home for the evening. Jays making some work phone calls so I'm catching all of you (meaning my sister) up on life. By the way Happy Anniversary to my sister and Steven!!!!! :)
My nephew, Berkeley is in town for a few days and we got to hang out with him yesterday on the boat. He is soooo precious and he has really developed his own personality. We love him and all our nephews more than anything. We are so blessed to have such a special relationship with all of them.
Well, Jays wrapping it up so I'm going to take advantage of every second I can with him. Peace out!

No comments: